PART-TIME SECURITY OFFICER
Trinity Episcopal School seeks a Part-time Security Officer for the 2018-2019 school year.
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Our Mission: At Trinity Episcopal School, we will nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
The Security Officer’s primary role is to help provide a secure environment for the school’s students, faculty, staff and visitors as well as to protect school assets.
The Security Officer reports to the Director of Facilities.
- Maintain strict entry procedures in/on to school campus through positive identification of students, staff and visitors.
- Monitor campus surveillance CCTV for unauthorized individuals and vehicles.
- Conduct un-predictable patrols by varying the routes and times.
- Respond to emergency situations
- Participate in school drills
- Make frequent contact with staff in an attempt to develop a sense of safety, and security while establishing public acceptance, confidence and approvability for assistance.
- Document any violations, incidents or emergencies.
- Work as directed by Director of Facilities or his superiors on special projects
- Maintain Commissioned Security Officer license authorized by the Texas DPS
- Trinity Emergency Response Team and Security Committee Member
- Read and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in Trinity’s Security Manual
Physical Work Environment:
- Workday regularly includes multiple or conflicting demands, deadlines, and time pressures.
- Work regularly requires sustained concentration.
- Work requires considerable physical effort or manual dexterity.
- Sufficient vision (with correction) to read and to observe more distant objects.
- Ability to do considerable walking in order to make rounds of the facility.
- Sufficient stamina to work outside in bad weather conditions when required.
- Hours and shifts may vary
To Apply: Please submit your resume and any letters of recommendation to Human Resources, Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, Texas 78746, or via email to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Applicant information may also be faxed to 512-472-2337.
Additionally, we encourage interested parties to visit our website at http://www.austintrinity.org to complete an online employment application.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Trinity Episcopal School expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Trinity Episcopal School employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.