Both Lower and Middle School libraries are large spaces suiting the needs of K-4 and 5-8 respectively. With reading corners, comfortable work surfaces, ready availablility of computers and large group instruction areas with interactive projection technology, the spaces accommodate learning in many forms: from guest lecturers and research-based classes to student-led clubs and "Peaceful Library" yoga meditations. On any given day, you can see students and teachers actively engaging in their learning during classes, study halls, or after-school tutorials.
These resources and activities make the libraries vibrant learning commons:
- 12,000 book collection (LS) / 5,00 book collection with additional Kindle circulation
- Follett's Destiny Quest library database self-checkout
- leveled reading library annex
- iPads & desktop computer stations
- popular and very active student-led book clubs
- 2 full-time teaching librarians enhancing curricula with research and library lessons
- annual Book Festival with guest authors
- sponsors of regular book-themed activities, such as "Dress as Your Favorite Character Day" and "Literary Pumpkin Contest."