The Right Mix of Nurturing and Maturing
The K–8 model offers a great balance. It gives lower schoolers a nurturing learning environment and challenges middle schoolers to grow as leaders and role models. One of our favorite traditions is the K8 Buddy program, because it exemplifies the K–8 experience. We mach each kindergartner with an eighth grader, and the pairs enjoy playdates and learning activities throughout the year.
One of Our Favorite Traditions
Our K8 Buddies program exemplifies the K–8 experience. Each kindergartner is matched with an eighth grader, and the pairs enjoy playdates and learning activities throughout the year. Many eighth graders keep in touch with their kindergarten buddies even after they graduate from Trinity. The program fosters connection and community among our newest students while providing mentorship and leadership opportunities for our oldest students. The eighth graders help their kinder buddies learn what it means to be a Trinity student.
A 2016 study published in the American Educational Research Journal found that students in grades 6-8 were better off academically, socially and emotionally in K–8 schools compared to 6–8 or 6–12 schools. With strong leadership skills developed at a relatively young age, our eighth-graders appeal to a wide variety of high schools. Through our High School Placement program, we partner with each student to find their ideal fit for the next level. Trinity students matriculate into the finest institutions in Austin as well as day and boarding schools around the country.
Eight Reasons Why K–8 Works
Still not convinced? Check out these eight reasons why we believe in the K–8 model.
- 1. By eighth grade, you know your child as a learner.
- 2. As an eighth grader, your child is involved in choosing a high school.
- 3. Ninth grade is a natural transition point.
- 4. In any school, programs for the oldest students are always the most expensive.
- 5. Children don’t grow up too fast.
- 6. Your child has early leadership and activity opportunities.
- 7. Choosing a high school is a team effort between your family and Trinity.
- 8. The “Trinity Connection” lasts a lifetime.
Hear parents describe in their own words why they chose Trinity over other schools.
Take a Virtual Tour
Explore our learning environment with 360-degree views from around campus.