Part-Time Middle School Spanish Teacher
Trinity Episcopal School seeks a highly qualified teacher to join our World Languages faculty for the 20-21 school year to teach three sections of Spanish and serve as an advisor. You will teach high-school- level Spanish to middle-school students, actively promote the study of Spanish, and further Trinity’s success in providing a rigorous and cohesive proficiency-based Spanish language and culture program.
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Overview of the position: We have high expectations for our students, and we are looking for a teacher to join our team who has
· native or near-native fluency in spoken and written Spanish,
· strong background/content knowledge in Spanish language and grammar,
· expertise in contemporary language acquisition pedagogy and technologies,
· passion for teaching students at the (pre-)adolescent stage of cognitive, social, and emotional development, and a deep desire to impart on students that proficient communication as well as understandings of and an appreciation for culture are essential components to learning a language.
Our teachers work in a highly collaborative environment, working daily with colleagues to improve practice. Teachers who flourish at Trinity are those who place a priority on professional learning and research-based practices and have high expectations for themselves. Our teachers actively engage in the life of the school, bring new knowledge and enthusiasm to our team, and help lift the level of all teachers and all students in our K-8 program.
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include curriculum planning, implementing instruction, and executing effective classroom management strategies. Additionally, all teachers communicate with parents throughout the year through regular correspondence, weekly classroom updates, conferences, and grade reporting periods. This position also includes acting as an advisor to a small group of students, providing guidance and support to both the students and their families, and working closely with grade-level team members, specialists, administrators, and other colleagues to ensure all students make academic and social progress in accordance with our school’s mission and core values.
Our Mission: At Trinity Episcopal School, we will nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
At Trinity, our teachers:
· seek knowledge of current instructional theories as a commitment to understanding and professional growth
· demonstrate a vast repertoire of effective and engaging instructional strategies that meet the needs of all students
· hold high – but not uniform – expectations of all students
· maximize instructional minutes
· model, teach, and expect age-appropriate disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission-consistent and respectful
· meaningfully and personally engage with all students
· actively support colleagues
· positively and actively contribute to the life of the school
· collaborate with parents in the best interest of the students
· understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school
· respect and seek understanding in all facets of diversity
Qualifications: Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited school, superior teaching skills, excellent character, and a proven legacy of outstanding classroom performance. Excellent writing skills and strong verbal communication skills are expected. Ability to be an innovative, collaborative, and positive member of the faculty is required. Professional development and experience with backwards design and ACTFL’s Standards for Foreign Language Learning are preferred.
To apply: Mail or email your resume and letter of application to: Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.