Middle School Software Development/Computer Science Teacher (Part-Time)
Trinity Episcopal School seeks a highly qualified technology instructor to teach software development elective courses to middle school students for the 2019-20 School Year. Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
At Trinity Episcopal School, we will nurture each child academically, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We will honor each child’s spirit for learning and life, ever mindful that we are all children of God.
- Develop (or support) a curriculum that helps students learn programming basics, design for end users, problem-solving, preparing them for future computer programming classes, should they choose to pursue that course;
- Create a hands-on, team-oriented, project-based learning environment that differentiates instruction to accommodate a range of skill levels;
- Establish core skills and understandings of computer programming while following an iterative design-thinking process (ask, imagine, plan, create, improve).
- seek knowledge of current instructional theories as a commitment to understanding and professional growth
- demonstrate a vast repertoire of effective and engaging instructional strategies that meet the needs of all students
- hold high – but not uniform – expectations of all students
- maximize instructional minutes
- model, teach, and expect age-appropriate disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission-consistent and respectful
- meaningfully and personally engage with all students
- actively support colleagues
- positively and actively contribute to the life of the school
- collaborate with parents in the best interest of the students
- understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school
- respect and seek understanding in all facets of diversity
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Two years of teaching experience, preferably with middle school students, ages 10-14
- Strength in communicating effectively with students, parents, and colleagues
- Ability to provide differentiated instruction to accommodate students at different points on the learning spectrum and with different styles of learning
- Knowledge of current software design and computer science topics
Submit your resume and any letters of recommendation to Human Resources, Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, Texas 78746, or via email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school. Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Trinity Episcopal School expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Trinity Episcopal School employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.