Middle School Science Teacher
Trinity Episcopal School seeks a highly qualified individual to teach science to middle school students. Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
We have high expectations for our students, and we are looking for teachers to join our team who have:
- a strong background in science, technology, engineering, and math;
- passion for environmental science, in particular;
- a proven record of classroom teaching experience;
- a deep desire to impart on students that science is not only a body of knowledge, but a set of practices and a mindset that allow for discovery and a deeper understanding of their world.
We seek to find teachers who are interested in working in a highly collaborative environment, daily working with colleagues to improve practice. Teachers who flourish at Trinity are people who place a priority on professional learning and research-based practices and have high expectations for themselves. We are looking for teachers who actively engage in the life of the school, bring new knowledge and enthusiasm to our team, and help lift the level of all teachers and all students in our K-8 program.
Responsibilities include curriculum planning, implementing instruction, and executing effective classroom management strategies. Additionally, all teachers are expected to communicate with parents throughout the year through regular correspondence, weekly classroom updates, conferences, and grade reporting periods. This position also includes acting as an advisor to a small group of students, providing guidance and support to both the students and their families, and working closely with grade-level team members, specialists, administrators, and other colleagues to ensure that all students make academic and social progress in accordance with our school’s mission and core values.
At Trinity, our faculty
- seek knowledge of current instructional theories as a commitment to understanding and professional growth
- demonstrate a vast repertoire of effective and engaging instructional strategies that meet the needs of all students
- hold high – but not uniform – standards for/expectations of all students
- maximize instructional minutes
- model, teach, and expect age-appropriate disciplined behaviors in a way that is mission-consistent and respectful
- meaningfully and personally engage with all students
- actively support colleagues
- positively and actively contribute to the life of the school
- collaborate with parents in the best interest of the students
- understand and respect the principal qualities of an Episcopal school
- respect and seek understanding in all facets of diversity
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school. Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Trinity Episcopal School expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Trinity Episcopal School employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.