Middle School Math Specialist
Trinity Episcopal School seeks a highly qualified individual to serve as Middle School Math Specialist for the 2021-22 School Year.
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
We have high expectations for our students, and we are looking for a teacher to join our team who has
- a strong, comprehensive knowledge base in the area of mathematics and knowledge of best
practices in math instruction;
- a passion for mathematics and education;
- a desire to ensure students are engaged and learning at high levels;
- training and experience in coaching, leading, and supporting teachers in and out of the
- a genuine belief in the value of collaboration and teamwork;
- expertise in differentiation, and a commitment to respect and seek understanding in all facets of
- Oversees the math curriculum and instruction in the Middle School (MS), in collaboration with
the Middle School Academic Dean and Head of MS, focusing on curriculum alignment and
fidelity, program efficacy analysis, faculty professional development, and other strategic efforts
of the School Academic Team;
- Co-supervises the work of the learning support staff with the MS Learning Specialist and MS Literacy Specialist;
- Teaches Extensions classes and serves a grade level Advisor to a small group of students;
- Performs other duties MS Head deems fit for a member of the MS Academic Team;
- Serves as a member of the School Academic Team;
- Oversees the Math Extensions program with regard to teacher training/support, curriculum selection, progress monitoring/reporting, class/program evaluation, and logistical coordination and oversight;
- Collaborates with the MS Learning Specialist on periodic benchmark testing, student growth, and class placement; and coordinates the Data Response Team efforts with regard to mathematics learning.
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school. Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Trinity Episcopal School expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Trinity Episcopal School employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.