Middle School Classroom Aide
Trinity Episcopal School seeks applications for a part-time support staff member to assist classroom teachers in serving a student with physical support needs for the 2021-22 school year.
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
The Middle School Classroom Aide collaborates with the Classroom Teacher and Middle School Learning Specialist to make regular participation possible for a student in need. The Middle School Classroom Aide reports to the Head of Middle School and works on an hourly contract basis under the direction of the Middle School Learning Specialist.
This role is integral to ensuring the safe, successful participation of a student of need in a typical classroom setting. The Aide will be charged with working collaboratively with the classroom teachers and learning specialists to provide emotional and physical support, and is specifically charged with:
- acting as a student's scribe for written work
- helping ensure classroom materials are accessible
- supporting student's use of laptop and educational technology programs
- facilitating student participation in small group discussions/work
- providing assistance in areas which require physical exertion or coordination that may be overtaxing
- helping student gather belongings and move from class to class
- assisting classroom teacher with other administrative and classroom management tasks, as time permits
- upholding the mission and values of Trinity Episcopal School and being a positive and active member of the community
The Classroom Teacher and Learning Specialist have ultimate responsibility for the curriculum and instruction, classroom management, student progress, and parent communication; thus, only in-class assistance is expected of the Aide, though occasional planning and progress check meetings will be necessary outside of the required class periods.
- strong work ethic and excellent character
- passion for working with children in an educational setting
- keen ability to observe, anticipate, and respond to physical, social, and emotional dynamics in a group setting
- ability to be innovative, flexible, collaborative, and positive team member
- a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, from an accredited college or university
- previous classroom or student-teaching experience
- interest in pursuing a career in education, allied health sciences, or social work
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please. Applicant information may also be faxed to 512-472-2337.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school. Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Trinity Episcopal School expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Trinity Episcopal School employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.