Donor Relations Coordinator
Trinity Episcopal School seeks a highly qualified individual to fulfill the role of Donor Relations Coordinator, for the 2023-2024 school year. It is expected that this person will embrace the mission and core values of Trinity Episcopal School and uphold policies set forward by the administration and the Board of Trustees. This position is available as of May 1, 2023.
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based PK-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
At Trinity, you’ll have the opportunity to thrive in a supportive work environment. We are a welcoming, open, and inclusive workplace reflective of our organizational values around respect, diversity, and equality.
Overview of Position
The Donor Relations Coordinator works closely with the Chief Development Officer and entire Development team to implement Trinity’s fundraising efforts. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing the development database; maintaining and processing donor giving information; assisting with fundraising appeals; coordinating logistics for development events with special attention to tech support and other elements; managing communicating with and stewarding donors; and supporting the development team in all individual donor fundraising activities. Candidate must be a strong multi-tasker, have outstanding communication, interpersonal, and research skills, work well under limited supervision and be extremely organized. The ideal candidate will exude a can-do spirit and a heart for service. Team members are expected to pitch in where and when needed. Prior experience in a nonprofit fundraising position is preferred, but not required.
This position reports to the Chief Development Officer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain donor relationship management database (Veracross), including updating donor records, compiling biographical information, data entry, and pulling reports/queries
- Process incoming gifts and ensure that gifts are accurately recorded and thanked
- Coordinate donor mailings, including direct mail appeals
- Track pledges and monthly gifts to ensure on-time payment
- Analyze donor giving patterns to increase donor retention, upgrading, and conversion rates
- Assist with individual donor stewardship including acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, donor appreciation gifts, and other communications via phone and email
- Assist with preparation of the annual report and other reports to donors as needed
- Assist with donor events and all tech needs related to the event.
- Assist with donor research, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned. Trinity management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments to best serve the needs of the students and the school.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- 1-2 years' experience in the nonprofit field, preferably in fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and acute attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Fast learner
- Solid computer literacy, including spreadsheets, presentations, documents and skills in using the internet for research
- Analytical and comfortable working with databases
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Commitment to the mission of Trinity
- Experience with a constituent relationship management (CRM) database such as Raiser’s Edge or Veracross
Trinity Episcopal School offers a variety of benefits, including free lunch, Medical, Dental Vision Insurance, Life and Short-term Disability Insurance, a 403b Defined Contribution Plan (with an employer base contribution and potential matching contribution), paid holidays, as well as paid sick and personal leave, to all eligible employees. Year-round Staff members also receive paid vacation time.
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school.
Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.