Trinity Episcopal School seeks a highly qualified Middle School Athletic Trainer for the 2021-22 school year. Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are and to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
Provide Athletic Trainer coverage for our Middle School Athletic Programs. Serve as the primary substitute for the school nurse. Teach 2 middle school PE classes.
Duties & Responsibilities
The athletic trainer will practice said profession within the parameters of the Texas Athletic Trainers Licensing Law as laid out by the State of Texas Athletic Trainer Examiners, and will follow both the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics set forth by the National Athletic Trainers Association and Trinity Episcopal School.
These duties are based on the needs of the school. The Athletic Trainer’s duties, enumerated in this document, should not be considered all-inclusive. The Director of Athletics, as necessary, shall modify duties and responsibilities. The Athletic Trainer will be present at all home athletic contests, some away contests, and all athletic practices. Games usually take place in the afternoon / evenings. Some weekend events will occur.
- Establish an effective athletic training program for Middle School student-athletes.
- Provide first aid and injury assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and reconditioning for Trinity Episcopal School student-athletes.
- The Athletic Trainer will be responsible for making appropriate physician referrals when necessary.
- Coordinate and collect required athletic physicals and supervise the clearance of injured athletes prior to and during the sport seasons.
- Maintain communication with parents on the care and treatment of their student-athlete.
- File and keep record of all necessary reports associated with athletic injuries, and / or incidents.
- Provide the Director of Athletics with list of supplies and equipment needed
- Prepare and provide coaches with first aid bags.
- Provide ice / water for our athletic teams at practices and games.
- Work with the Director of Athletics regarding athletic uniform inventory and distribution.
- Work with the Director of Athletics to monitor environmental risks at games and practices, i.e. severe weather.
- Must possess and maintain current certification and continued education requirements as set forth by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification.
- Must possess and maintain current state licensure in accordance with the Texas Board of Athletic Trainer Examiners.
- Must possess and maintain current certification in CPR / Emergency Cardiac Care.
Director of Athletics and Physical Education
Terms of Employment
This is a ten month position, beginning the first day of fall practices (approximately mid-August) through mid-June. The salary for this position is paid over 12 months in order to maintain benefit status for the school year. The Athletic Trainer will work in accordance with a weekly schedule to be determined by the Director of Athletics. Weekly schedules will vary according to the athletic season.
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746 or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school. Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing, nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.