Assistant to the Head of Preschool
Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School seeks a highly qualified individual to fulfill the role of Assistant to the Head of Preschool. This role will embrace the mission and values of Trinity Episcopal School and uphold policies set forward by the administration and the Board of Trustees.
About Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School:
Blue House Preschool is a research-driven, child-centered preschool where 2- to 4-year-olds can learn, explore, create, and question. The preschool was established by Trinity Episcopal School in January 2021 on 2.3 wooded acres, just west of Trinity’s campus. Blue House Preschool is accredited by Southwest Association of Episcopal Schools and Independent Schools Association of the Southwest.
This individual is tasked with facilitating the work of the Head of Preschool, ensuring that the division runs smoothly, and helping to create a magical, exploratory childhood experience.
The Assistant to the Head of Preschool reports to the Head of Preschool.
• Serve as support for Blue House Preschool, assisting in a multitude of responsibilities while interacting with students, parents, and faculty
• Complete special projects as directed by the Head of Preschool
• Act as manager for the PreK 3 Teaching Team and After the Bell Jr. Program
• Serve as Event Planning Coordinator and “Sunshine Committee” liaison
• Provide classroom assistance and serve as a backup substitute as needed
• Assist in maintaining facility minimum standards and operate as new employee orientation trainer
• Troubleshoot technology and handle specified purchasing for the division
• Create and post artistic, well-written parent communications
• Operate as “Acting Head of Preschool” as needed
• Uphold a positive and well-organized office environment
• Maintain required professional development hours annually
• Coordinate activities and agendas with purpose and diplomacy
• Provide faculty and staff communication and motivation
This is a full-time, 12-month position and will require some non-traditional work hours, including occasional nights and weekends.
• High School Diploma or GED; Undergraduate degree preferred
• 3+ years of experience in a licensed childcare facility and knowledge of relevant Texas DFPS Minimum Standards
• Works effectively with ages 2-5 years old
• Strong computer and technology skills
• Exceptional artistic abilities
• Superb problem-solving and time-management skills
• The ability to handle multiple ongoing tasks at one time
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to work with a variety of individuals, including students, parents, faculty, staff, board members, and school administration
• Able to manage confidential information in a strictly professional manner
• Helps faculty and staff work proficiently to achieve high levels of excellence
• Flexible and adaptive to the constantly changing needs of a school
• The ability to serve in a division lead role in school emergencies
• Ability to manage day-to-day administrative operations
• Expert in working within a highly collaborative team environment
• Very well organized and self-motivated
• Energetic, positive, and loving personality
• A passion for lifelong learning
Resumes and letters of application should be sent to Human Resources at Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX 78746, or by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Blue House Preschool at Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals who share our core values to apply for faculty positions. All faculty members must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school. Blue House Preschool provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Blue House Preschool complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Blue House Preschool expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Trinity Episcopal School employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
In our company a professional attitude and strong work ethic provide this individual with the opportunity for internal advancement.