Alumni Relations Associate
Trinity Episcopal School is seeking a part-time Alumni Relations Associate for the 2021-2022 school year.
Trinity Episcopal School is an inclusive, forward-thinking, faith-based K-8 independent school that meets each student where they are to nurture the whole child’s academic, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth. Trinity is located in West Lake Hills, close to downtown Austin, Texas.
The Alumni Relations Associate is responsible for engaging alumni in the life of the School through consistent and positive communication. This individual will serve as the school’s first point-of-contact for alumni, parents of alumni, and former students. In addition, the Alumni Relations Associate will help coordinate and implement a comprehensive engagement program designed to provide meaningful opportunities for volunteerism, service, personal and professional development, and events and programs for alumni to enhance loyalty, dedication, and support for Trinity Episcopal School.
The Alumni Relations Associate reports to the Chief Development Officer.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and support to the alumni and other identified partners to plan and execute the vision and strategy for alumni engagement; coordinate strategic objectives and ensure alignment with the School’s mission.
- Ensure alignment of alumni engagement and fundraising plans with the comprehensive Development department strategy, goals and objectives.
- Serve as liaison between the Alumni Association, the Development Office and the proposed upcoming Alumni Board.
- Events: Develop and execute strategic alumni event strategy; coordinate activities for alumni, and help identify and cultivate volunteer leadership.
- Communication: Manage a coordinated alumni communication plan as a component of and in conjunction with the comprehensive development strategy, as well as the all-school communication strategy.
- Relationships: Foster good relationships with alumni by:
- Responding to inquiries from alumni and providing requested information and assistance.
- Sharing information about alumni major life events with classmates and long-time faculty members
- Managing all official alumni social network channels and eventual class reunion pages in coordination with the marketing team.
- Maintaining content on the Alumni 360 portal by uploading meeting materials, minutes, agendas, documents and all other information pertaining to Alumni including calendar updates and information helpful to the alumni base regarding alumni events and programmatic events within the school.
- Serving as the key contact for alumni and facilitating campus visits or tours when requested.
- Working collaboratively with the Director of High School placement and other departments as determined.
- Working internally to identify opportunities to engage alumni in everyday life of the school.
- Help to create Homecoming Alumni activities and invitations to athletic events and other Trinity activities, as identified.
- Research and generate ideas to increase charitable giving opportunities for alumni and their families.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Development Office by working on special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the CDO.
- Maintain and advance skills and qualifications through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses to sharpen your craft
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Fundraising and/or alumni relations experience preferred.
- Experience in public relations or a related field in which the candidate can demonstrate a successful track record may be substituted.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, with public speaking skills preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated ability in motivating volunteers is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
- The energy, enthusiasm, and focus to help establish and implement a new comprehensive alumni program.
- Computer literacy, particularly in word processing and using databases, is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required.
Strong development team with lateral collaboration across job functions. Occasional evening and/or weekend activities, meetings, and events, including general department activities.
Occasionally required to lift and carry boxes of materials and equipment weighing twenty-five or more pounds.
Please submit your resume and any letters of recommendation to Human Resources, Trinity Episcopal School, 3901 Bee Cave Road, Austin, Texas 78746, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Trinity Episcopal School invites all qualified individuals to apply for open positions. All employees must be able to support Trinity’s mission as a Christian school. Trinity Episcopal School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Trinity Episcopal School complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Trinity Episcopal School expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Trinity Episcopal School employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.